The Community of the Holy Spirit is a monastic community for women in the Episcopal Church, and a witness to the work of the Holy Spirit in the world.
The Sisters' loving service extends to all of Creation, and we recognize Earth and all life as a primary revelation of the divine.
We welcome you to share in our life and our work by following along with our blog and this website, subscribing to our e-newsletter (you can visit our newsletter archive here), and visiting us at our Community houses: St. Hilda's House in New York City and Melrose/Bluestone Farm in Brewster, NY.
CAPITAL CAMPAIGN UPDATE —
We are chugging along with the campaign—so far we have reached just over 80% of our $325,000 goal! There are many ways you can join us in this effort:
- You can make a pledge (which you can pay over three years!), or a one-time gift on our Giving Tools web site, where you can also learn about events, follow our progress with the campaign, keep up with general news about the farm and learn about the many easy ways to support our work and ministry. (Great news: now we can accept your gifts through VISA, MasterCard or Discover, and you can make a one-time gift, too!);
- you can print a pledge card, fill it out and send it to: Bluestone Farm, Attn: Capital Campaign, 118 Federal Hill Road, Brewster, NY 10509-5307.
- you can click the "Donate" button to the left to make a pledge via PayPal (please indicate "capital campaign" in the note section and indicate your preferred payment schedule so we can account for your contribution properly);
- and you can always contact us if you have any questions, would like to make a pledge over the phone, or if you just want to catch up a bit.
- Please make checks payable to "Community of the Holy Spirit" and indicate "Campaign" in the memo area. Thanks!!
A note about pledges: these can be made over time and paid monthly, semi-annually or annually for up to three years (the "life" of this campaign). Don't worry about remembering; we will send you friendly reminders when pledge payments are due. If you click on the "print a pledge card" above, you will see a chart that shows what monthly payments would be for levels of giving you might consider. Fear not: no gift is too small -- and no gift is too large, either! We need everyone's help to make this campaign a success.
We know that you may have great ideas for other ways in which you might participate in this effort, so feel free to send those suggestions to us. Once again, thank you all for your continued financial and prayer support!